Our friend Jessica White with Wander Woman – Kansas shared this recipe with us and we are so glad she did! Check out one of her new favorite ways to prepare her Pheasant, Feta & Spinach Burger!
“During the summer I love to be outside, especially to grill. That was when I thought of a great recipe to use up some of my pheasant; grilled feta and spinach pheasant burgers. These burgers have great flavor, are super simple to put together, and everyone enjoys them. I like them so much that when I saw a recipe contest from the National Wild Turkey Federation, I did not hesitate to submit my new, favorite recipe to them.”
Pheasant, Feta and Spinach Burger Ingredients
- 1 ¼ lbs pheasant breast (about 5 to 6 breasts)
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach chopped
- 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
Optional Toppings: Red onion, lettuce, cucumber, mayonnaise, brioche buns
- Remove breast meat from the bird and be sure to thoroughly clean any feathers or shell pellets you can find.
- Cut the pheasant into chunks and run meat through a grinder.
- Combine ground meat, chopped spinach, feta, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well then portion the meat mixture evenly into uniform patties
- While patties are setting, preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Make sure the grill grates are clean and oiled to prevent sticking.
- Grill your pheasant patties until no longer pink and juices run clear, about five minutes per side.
- Serve patties on the brioche buns with the toppings of your choice.